Sunday 16 May 2010

Ugly Beautiful - Development

After collecting drawings and photographs of flowers and architecture and looking at the work of numerous artists and designers i began to draw everything together and create developed pieces. I used gouache in bold block colours to create a background applied using masking tape stencils and a sponge. I then worked in layers using gouache and applying it with a brush and ruling pen. I also used masking tape and masking fluid to create my pieces. Below are some of my earlier developed pieces unfortunately i haven't yet taken any photographs of my final pieces, i will have to remember to do this and upload some images at a later date.




























The small pieces in the bottom right and the small piece in the top right of the image below were created using a mixture of bleach, water and gouache applied to black card using a ruling pen. The larger two pieces were created using gouache on black card.


0 comments: