Sunday 16 May 2010

Photoshop and MDF Gift Tags

After getting caught up with things at home and working a few odd shifts I became quickly bored of the summer holidays and set about finding ways to occupy myself. Firstly I installed a 30-day trial edition of Photoshop and began experimenting as this is definitely a tool, which I could use to further my design work if I was more familiar with the software. I started with basics and playing around with some old photos to see what I could achieve.

I have now set myself the goal of creating a design for a T-shirt, which I hope to enter in to a current Fenchurch T-shirt competition. It is unlikely to be a fantastic, jaw-dropping creation however it will not only occupy some of my summer but also help me to learn some new techniques I can hopefully use to aid my textile design work next semester.

After installing Photoshop and spending a day glued to my computer screen I decided I needed to get back to doing something that was not just creative but messy and hands on creative! I decided to order wooden MDF gift tags, which I plan to decorate and use when sending gifts to family and friends. I hope it will add a personl touch to their gifts and that they will keep or recycle the tags. Below is a photo of the tags... they are not yet painted, but when they are decorated I will post some photographs!

0 comments: