Sunday 14 March 2010

Stripes from the Sea: Development and Conclusion

Before drawing everything together i spent a week developing my 'Stripes from the Sea' fashion forecasting project work in Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. I tried to transform my work in to inspired source drawings, i also learnt how to put some of my fabric samples in context using Photoshop. This was not quite as successful as i had of hoped although it was still a useful learning experience. The week after this i presented my work based on 'Stripes from the Sea' to a small group of colleagues including my tutor. The experience was very useful as not only did we get the chance to speak in-front of a group of people but we also received useful feedback. Below are images showing some aspects of the presentation boards I created.























The feedback i received was mainly positive, although in the future i think i need to 'de-clutter' my presentation boards and work harder on putting my samples in to context. Overall I enjoyed the project and found it was useful for me to experiment with such a muted colour palette as I am a fan of vivid clashing colours and this tends to reflect in my work. For my next project i get to decide the brief and i intend to do something fun and colorful which incorporates a lot of source drawing.

0 comments: