Sunday 14 March 2010

The Homebase Advert

I thought I would just quickly blog about the current home base advert, I like it for two reasons. 1. It’s colourful and I love bright colourful things and 2. Its filmed in the train station I pass through on my way home and where I get off to visit my dad.

I remember calling my mum a while back and saying ‘mum…. why are there sofas in the train station and carpets and lots of gardeners and why are there flowers everywhere’ I think initially my mum thought I was quite crazy she then suggested that ‘perhaps royalty or someone important is visiting, perhaps its for publicity’. I think the advert is fun and it completely transformed the space available, unfortunately i think the station is now back to normal. Dull, dingy, grey and unwelcoming, despite a Facebook group protesting to keep the station how it was decorated for the advert. Below is the advert i am talking about:

Perhaps in the future artists and designers could permanently transform bus stations, train stations and other public spaces to make them more fun, interesting and inviting?

0 comments: