Monday 1 February 2010

Collage & Kat Macleod

Today in our drawing class we had a lecture about collage and how it can be used to add interest to a drawing in the form of colour, texture or print. I have looked at some of the artists mentioned such as Elizabeth Blackadder, Matisse, Miro and Picasso. It was also suggested that we look up Michi Girl http://michigirl.com.au/ I love the fun, quirky fashion drawings by Kat Macleod on this website. Below are some of Kat Macleod’s very inspirational and beautiful illustrations.



















After this mornings lecture we had life drawing and were encouraged to use collage. We worked for 90minutes, the model was surrounded by varying shades of red and green fabrics. Some of the fabric was reflective, patterned or textured. Looking at what I have managed to create so far I think I still have a long way to go. The scale and drawing of the models head on my first piece is slightly wrong, i also need to work on composition and I need to learn how to draw portraits and hands! However it was exciting and enjoyable to experiment with collage. Below are some of my first attempts:



0 comments: