Sunday 31 January 2010

Stripes from the Sea: More research

When I first began the ‘Fashion Forecasting Project’ I seemed to struggle a little looking through magazines for garments influenced by my theme ‘stripes from the sea’ but since I stopped looking I have come across plenty of examples and sources of inspiration. For example I have just come across this spring 2010 collection by the Proenza Schouler designers, Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McColloug, I think many or the garments in this collection have been inspired by the sea.









website:http://nymag.com/fashion/fashionshows/2010/spring/main/newyork/womenrunway/proenzaschouler/#slide30&ss1

Many of the pieces are made from shimmery fabrics, bright blues and yellows and many have tassels or ruffles to enhance the sense of movement. I should perhaps take these aspects in to consideration whilst working on this project. The colours used in the above garments remind me of some of the fish i photographed at the aquarium. Shown below:













Another garment I remember seeing the other day whilst browsing for new clothes is this Shark Print dress by Unique at Topshop, there is also a jumpsuit in the same bold shark print fabric. Here is a link to the Shark Print garment. http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=180026&parent_category_rn=175984&productId=1523131&langId=-1

A slightly more subtle approach to the sea can also be seen here in some of the Miuccia Prada’s garments.

http://www.showstudio.com/collections/seasons/milanwomenswearss10/38518#/2009/09/24/19-05-415x623.jpg

0 comments: