Sunday 8 November 2009

Back to 'The Tipping Point'

Last week I was brainstorming ‘The Tipping Point’ by Malcolm Gladwell in relation to design. In particular we discussed how the spread of disease could be controlled using design and also how crime could be reduced. I decided to further my research by looking at crime and in particular identity theft. However reading this months issue of WIRED, I came across an interesting invention to reduce the spread of AIDs. A syringe that breaks after a single use. The designer is Marc Koska from East Sussex and here is a link to the WIRED website where the syringe is discussed, although I cannot find the same article I read in the magazine.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2009-08/07/one-use-only-the-syringe-that-can-save-lives.aspx

0 comments: