Tuesday 13 October 2009

Culture Project 1

Recently I have been doing a lot of work on my Culture project. Still progressing with the theme of how to grow a tomato I have looked at garden tools, allotments and a variety of leaves based on photographs taken at the botanic gardens in Dundee. I have been inspired by the use of colour in Patrick Herons work, I also looked at the work of Mark Rothco who uses colour and composition in a very bold manner and textile designer Kate Blee. I feel Kate Blee’s work is likely to appeal to many people as it is contemporary and very minimalist. Some of her work and that of Mark Rothco and Patrick Heron is visible on the sketch book page above.

I based some of my work on my dads vegetable garden and greenhouses, i have also used inspiration from photographs i took at the botanical gardens in Dundee. A couple of photographs and pages from my sketchbook are shown below.


0 comments: