Monday 26 October 2009

Carolina Melis

Carolina Melis is an interesting animator and illustrator that I came across during a seminar this morning. I discovered her work in a book entitled ‘Illustration Play’. The book is packed full of very inspirational work from a whole range of artists from around the world. I feel the book shows a very experimental, unique approach to illustration and includes embroidery, paper cutting and origami. Some of Carolina Melis’s work looks like it has been created very spontaneously but yet it works so beautifully, also the vivid colours she uses and her interesting use of embroidery caught my attention. The work visible on her website is quite diverse and well worth a look at.

Below I have included a link to her website, some images of her work and a couple of videos of her work which i particularly like.

http://www.carolinamelis.com/




0 comments: